Serves 8 (we love leftovers)
1 package whole wheat spaghetti
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound ground turkey or chicken (or you can use shrimp)
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped (optional, I used it tonight for the first time it was pretty amazing)
4 cups your choice frozen veggies (we usually use broccoli, but I cleaned out the freezer this time and used broccoli, peas, cauliflower, and edamame)
4 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package until it is a little less than al dente, but don't drain the water yet (see step 3).
2. Meanwhile, heat a skillet and sauté garlic over medium heat. Add the ground chicken and season with red pepper and rosemary. Sauté until the meat is cooked through.
3. Add your frozen veggies to the pasta water until they heat through. Usually the time it takes the veggies to get hot is the time it takes for the pasta to be perfectly al dente. Then drain all the water and put the veggies and pasta back in the pot.
4. Add the chicken to the pot and toss with the olive oil first, make sure to coat thoroughly.
5. Add the parmesan cheese and mix it up so everything has some parmesan goodness. Enjoy!